Cece has become such a little chatterbox. She's 2 years and 3 months now. She seriously never stops talking. I have to record some of my favorite things that she says that I find hilarious. I know they'll probably just seem normal after a while, but right now they are just too cute:
- Here you go, mamma (or daddy, Riley, etc)
- Be right back (usually to Riley)
- Just one more
- Last one (this means we are far from the last one)
- Mermaid make Cece all better (something with the Little Mermaid on it has to kiss her, like a pullup, undies, a sticker, or the actual Little Mermaid DVD works too)
- Mr. Yiyey pants (referring to her favorite doggy brother)
- Mr Muddy Paws (this is Twig, who somehow manages to get muddy paw prints all over our house regardless of how much mud is outside)
- Cece self (when she doesn't want help with something)
- No fank you (this is often said while screaming so she's not quite as polite as she may sound)
- Cece pick up (usually following daddy around on the weekends with her hands up for him to pick her up)
Lately when I take Cece to appointments with me (my pre-natal appts, vet appts, her pediatrician, etc) she literally talks the entire time so I can't get a word in to whoever we are meeting with. It's exhausting. We met with a vet who did surgery on Riley's eye the other day and she said to me when I asked her an important question, "I'm sorry, I'm not going to talk over her" (which I actually appreciate, I don't think it's polite to just talk over children because they are children) but there was nothing I could do to make her stop. I was rummaging through my purse trying to find something that might interest her and gave her a sheet of stickers which she covered herself in while chatting away the whole time. She also demands to be heard and you usually have to repeat back to her EXACTLY what she said or she will keep repeating it until you do so. So while I'm all for acknowledging her and encouraging her communication and making her feel heard, sometimes I do NEED to speak and I really did a this moment, so it was a bit frustrating that the vet wouldn't talk to me! We managed to talk "around" her and survived the appointment :)
At my prenatal appointments, Cece is a very enthusiastic big sister and wants to help listen to the baby's heartbeat (boom boom as she calls it) but I have very rarely been able to speak during my appointments and usually walk out exhausted. Luckily her auntie watched her for my last appointment and I finally got to ask a bunch of questions that I've been worrying about.
I'm sure she is going to keep her little sister entertained 24/7 which will be great!
No comments:
Post a Comment